MARE In Schools
What happens in a MARE school?
MARE schools help create the next generation of ocean literate citizens. Integrate Marine Activities, Resources & Education into your school’s curricula and begin exploring the ocean with your students!
- The whole school community, including faculty, students and families, comes together to celebrate and learn about ocean sciences. We call these MARE Ocean Immersions.
- Each grade level focuses on a marine habitat, enriched with related audio visual materials, books and other resources.
- Students discover ocean sciences through hands-on, inquiry-based curricula. Many of the activities incorporate language arts, music, mathematics and visual art disciplines. Students engage in meaningful ocean sciences field experiences and projects.
- Teachers receive support through coaching, modeling and professional development opportunities.
How can you bring MARE to your school?
- Contact the MARE office
- Become a MARE site leader
- Find Funding Opportunities
- Contact a MARE center near you