The MARE program is administered throughout the USA and Mexico by five regional MARE Centers:
- The Lawrence Hall of Science, UC Berkeley, CA
- Institute of Marine and Coastal Sciences, Rutgers University, NJ
- University of Texas Marine Science Institute, Texas
- Oregon Institute of Marine Biology, University of Oregon
- Birch Aquarium at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego
Each Center has received training and support from MARE at the Lawrence Hall of Science. These Centers remain closely affiliated with the MARE program, and provide professional development to teachers in their respective communities.
A MARE Center is ideally located at a college/university, a marine biological laboratory, or an aquarium, museum or other informal science center. Each MARE center is staffed by MARE Associates (MARE Leaders who have assumed roles beyond their individual schools or institutions) who implement their own MARE professional development workshops and Summer Leadership Institutes.
Contact us for information on your nearest MARE Center or for information on becoming a MARE Center.