Need help with high-quality science instruction? Let MARE help invigorate your science program! The success of any program depends on the knowledge and understanding of those implementing it.
All of our professional learning:
- is based on research-informed effective practices, including active learning
- teaches and models NGSS-aligned teaching approaches
- deepens understanding of ocean sciences
- connects to disciplinary core ideas and Ocean Literacy Principles
- focuses on developing student understanding through science and literacy convergence
We offer a variety of diverse professional learning opportunities for different audiences including:
- K–8 Educators:
- Coaching and In-class Modeling of MARE Curricula to support MARE Ocean Immersion
- Summer Science & Literacy Academy: Engaging in Argument from Evidence (with institute and teaching practicum)
- K–12 Educators: Customized Educator Workshops
- For Informal Educators: Reflecting on Practice Program for Informal Science Educators
- For College Faculty: Transforming STEM Teaching Faculty Learning Program
Contact us for information and ideas!