A vital part of learning is hands-on and experiential. There are hundreds of entrances into the wild world that surrounds us; don’t wait for nature to come to you and your students! Let MARE staff lead you and your students through educational experiences that will last a lifetime.
Together we can plan an academic field trip including standards-based themes and integrated classroom activities. Multi-day field trip programs that build on a central theme or question are also available, as are student and family experiences and residential ocean sciences research camps.
Contact us to schedule a field trip today!
Marine Science Field Trip Tips
As you explore the wild world around you, remember to:
- Always put things back where and how you found them.
- Always leave the site cleaner than you found it.
- Always keep plastics away from the ocean.
- Always bring pencils not pens to write. (Pencils float, pens don’t. Pens also don’t write upside down, in wet or cold weather, and the plastic in pens is not biodegradable if you lose one.)
- Always use the buddy system.
- Always ask questions.
- Always stop, look, and listen for answers.
- Never take things from the area you are visiting except human trash.
- Never turn your back on the ocean.
- Never harass animals or trample plants.
- Never leave a place without learning something new.